Our Doctors Are Specifically Trained to Treat and Manage Car Accident Injuries
Our McKinney integrated team at Trinity Health Solutions brings the best care from the medical and alternative fields to one place for you. Being injured, regardless of the cause, can be overwhelming and stressful. Questions you might be asking yourself range from “Where do I go to get care?”, “Do I need an attorney?”, “Do I use my insurance?”, “Why do I keep experiencing the same injury over and over?”, etc. Let us help you navigate your way through this maze of questions. We help patients everyday with injuries related to sports/exercise, personal injury (car accidents, slips and falls, etc) and everything in between. Trinity Health Solutions has a comprehensive team of providers, our Family Medicine team can assess your injuries and provide a medical treatment plan, if needed. Our McKinney chiropractor, Dr. Derrick, has extensive experience with chiropractic patient injuries, and will be able to get you on the road to recovery. Our Medical Massage therapists are trained to work on the tough spots that have you feeling down. With Trinity Health Solutions on your side, you will be back to your everyday activities soon!
TYPES OF INJURIES
- Whiplash (Sprain & Strain) is the most common type of chiropractic patient injury related to MVA and even some slips and falls. Whiplash generally takes 6-8 weeks to heal if receiving care, but is also dependent on the extent of the injury.
- Contusions are important to document, and if possible, take pictures of any bruising and/or cuts associated with an accident/injury.
- Concussion injuries have more and more information coming out regarding their treatment and residual effects. It’s possible to experience concussions from low speed car accidents, and even slip and falls.
Integrated Care for an Auto Injury in McKinney
- Were you injured in a car accident?
- We are easy to find and offer flexible appointments.
- Our doctors have special training to work with these types of injuries.
- The bottom line: we offer great care to help you fully recover.
When an individual sustains injuries from a motor vehicle crash, spasm and muscle splinting develop unequally on either side of the spine.
This asymmetric muscle spasm prevents the normal range of motion of the spine and misalignments occur throughout the vertebral column. These misalignments are addressed with a gentle hands-on manipulation or gentle low force instrument assisted manipulation.
Auto accidents and slip and fall injuries are never on your radar, but accidents happen. These cases generally present with a lot of pitfalls and hurdles on both the healing side and financial side. Trinity Health Solutions is here to help. We have medical, chiropractic and physical therapy providers in one location; why is this beneficial to you? Convenience! Instead of having to go to 3 different offices to address your injury needs, you just have to go to one.
Need an attorney? We can recommend one. Have an attorney? No problem, chances are we have already worked with them on previous patient cases. Prefer not to get an attorney involved? Not a problem either, we will help steer you clear of the 3rd parties insurance traps.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind if you have been involved in an auto accident or slip and fall:
- You should always be examined by a healthcare provider after being involved in a MVA or slip and fall, regardless of if you feel fine. Everyday we see patients that were involved in accidents many years ago that did not seek care because they “felt fine,” only to have residual symptoms arise later. If only they had been examined shortly after accident, any minor injuries could have been resolved much easier than waiting for them to develop into larger problems several years down the road. Most people don’t realize, but symptoms related to a MVA or slip and fall can take weeks to develop and by then they want to attribute them to something else.
- The sooner you seek care/get checked out, the stronger your case will be. This doesn’t imply you plan to sue, but the longer you wait after an accident to get checked out the weaker you case becomes if you do need to proceed that way.
- Remember that you can settle property damage separate from bodily injury. Be careful what you sign regarding dealing with the other party’s insurance.
- Spinal Manipulation Therapy
- Extremity Manipulation Therapy
- Electric Stimulation Therapy
- Medical Services
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Initial Examination & Diagnosis
A complete and thorough exam will be performed at the patient’s initial visit by either a medical or chiropractic provider at Trinity Health Solutions. Any x-rays that are needed will be taken, and our medical providers can also prescribe medications if indicated for acute symptoms. Other testing that may occur would consist of ROM measuring and muscle strength measurement.
- Medical Management with Chronic Pain Treatment
A team conference patient review will be preformed by our medical and chiropractic providers to determine the best course of action and treatment plan to address and resolve the patients injuries in the shortest amount of time.
- Case Management
Trinity Health Solutions is more than happy to treat you regardless of if you have an attorney. Our primary focus is to resolve your injuries as fast as possible so that you can get back to living your life.
If you have been injured in an auto accident please call our team today. We are happy to help with any questions that you have.
8:00am - 7:00pm
9:00am - 2:00pm
8:00am - 7:00pm
9:00am - 7:00pm
8:00am - 2:00pm
By Appointment Only